A New Year brings new opportunities to improve your life and your home. As you create resolutions, don't leave your HVAC system out. Keep these nine simple tips in mind as you think of how you can make the most out of your home's heating and cooling system this year.
3 Ways to Increase Energy Efficiency in 2015
Beaumont sees chilly winters and warm summers, which means that you likely rely on your HVAC system to keep you comfortable no matter the season. Thankfully, there are many things you can do to increase the energy efficiency of your HVAC system. You can:
- Use ENERGY STAR's Home Energy Yardstick to get a better idea of how your home uses energy.
- Consider replacing an older HVAC system with a new, efficient comfort system. You'll enjoy both better efficiency and comfort when you replace your older system.
- Check your home's insulation levels and make sure that windows and doors don’t have any leaks.
3 Ways to Protect Your HVAC System in 2015
Most homeowners know that investing in HVAC maintenance is the best way to protect their heating and cooling systems. In addition to hiring professionals to take care of maintenance task, you can also protect your system by:
- Changing your air filters regularly. Check your HVAC unit's owner's guide or ask the technician how often you should change these filters.
- Ensuring that your condenser is clear of debris and blockages. Visually inspect your HVAC unit to make sure that dirt, trash, grass and weeds aren't blocking your outdoor comfort units.
- Investing in alternative cooling methods. Consider planting shade trees near your home and use ceiling fans to make the most of your HVAC system.
3 Ways to Enjoy Total Comfort From Your HVAC System in 2015
Protecting your HVAC system and increasing efficiency are important goals for 2015, but it's also essential that you look out for your own comfort. To increase your overall comfort, try:
- Installing a smart thermostat. You can create a variety of heating and cooling programs to meet your personal needs while also increasing system efficiency.
- Going with a zoned system. If you're having a new HVAC system installed, be sure to have it zoned so that you can control the temperature in individual areas or rooms instead of setting one temperature for your home as a whole.
- Choosing an HVAC care and maintenance plan. In addition to keeping your HVAC system in great shape, regular maintenance also ensures that it can truly provide for your comfort needs. Of course, a maintenance service plan will also help you save big bucks on essential maintenance tasks.
Whether you need extra help with maintenance or want to invest in a new HVAC system, the team at All Around Service & Maintenance can help. Contact us today to set up an appointment with one of our friendly, knowledgeable technicians.